Here’s a random sample of what’s going on in my mind right now
- It’s good to be home
- However, it feels very anti-climatic
- It’s SO nice to sleep on my on bed!
- I had a wonderful time geeking out at the Smithsonian museums
- I wish I had had more time to see all the museums
- I cried when I visited the WWII memorial. People shouldn’t have to die in the name of freedom
- I also cried when I visited the Slavery at Jefferson’s Monticello: Paradox of Liberty exhibit. I will never understand why or how human beings can be so nasty. To believe you have the right to enslave another human being!
- I cried yet again when I saw the Greensboro Lunch Counter. Tears of anger that white people allowed this to happen and tears of sadness that we treated other people like they were not people. And still do
- I cry a lot
- I’m broke. But it was worth it. I am not one to dwell on the lack of money. My bank account will rebound at some point
- I enjoy getting little presents for my loved ones. I makes me happy to see then smile when they open them
- I wish I could have other people with me during my trip
- However, it was good to have some me time
- I’m still a strong person. Even if I don’t want to be strong. I can’t help it
- I’m proud of myself
- I can now say I survived a hostel
- I discovered I’m too old for hostels. I want the comfort of a nice hotel room
- I learned a lot
- I realized I already knew a lot
- I miss my amateur astronomer days
- The Smithsonian Institution rocks!
- I don’t call this blog Summer Solstice musings for nothing. I muse a lot
And now, a little something for Sword-Chinned Bitch. Buy her book. Now! (well, after you’re done reading my post).
And the next couple of pics are for Dad Knows